On this episode, legendary direct response marketer Brian Kurtz tells us how marketers can overdeliver with their marketing and get better results.
As a business-to-consumer marketer at Boardroom, Brian Kurtz was responsible for selling over a billion dollars’ worth of products “$39 at a time” to millions of people. As a business-to-business marketer with Titans Marketing, he has sold over $5 million worth of products (and services) to thousands, enabling them to spread the gospel about direct marketing to millions.
During both careers, he has been a serial direct marketer, with a foundation in the eternal truths and fundamentals of direct response…while being committed to “overdelivering” over almost four decades.
His most recent book is Overdeliver: Build a Business for a Lifetime Playing the Long Game in Direct Response Marketing.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What does it mean to “overdeliver” as a marketer?
- Which classic marketers should we be learning from?
- How does direct response apply to growth marketing?
Tools and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Brian’s book “Overdeliver”
- Breakthrough Advertising By Eugene M. Schwartz
- 9-Word Email by Dean Jackson
- Ryan Levesque
- Titans Xcelerator